Choc Chip Macadamia Peanut Butter Cookies in 5 easy steps!
“If you can’t control your peanut butter, you can’t expect to control your life”
– Cartoonist Bill Watterson
Well then. If you are reading this recipe, you are pretty much screwed when it comes to controlling your life. 'Tis is a fool-proof cookie recipe, so at the very least, you’ll be able to control your cookies. Eating them is another matter entirely.
This recipe makes about 50 incredibly tasty cookies. It will take you 10 minutes preparation time, 10 minutes cooking time and 10 minutes cooling time. Be warned: they are addictive!
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
200 g melted butter
2 ½ cups sieved plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ cup chocolate chips/chunks
75 g macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 175°C and line as many oven trays as you can with baking paper!
2. In a big bowl, combine caster sugar, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter and peanut butter and mix until silky.
3. Add flour and baking powder, stirring as you go, until combined. Then mix in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
4. Roll dough into ping-pong ball-sized spheres and place on baking tray with plenty of space between each.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until barely golden at the edges.
NOTE: Cookies will be quite soft when they come out of the oven. Let them cool for 10 minutes and they will firm up!